Through the innovative SAFESTONE process, 2 to 5 million micro-perforations (depending on the consistency of the material) are produced on the surfaces to be treated, regularly distributed per square meter that allow the flooring to become truly “non-slip”.
Treated floors can reach:
- the degree of slipperiness R9 or R10 (DIN 51130:2004 B.G.R. 181 for Germany, D.M. 236/89 Ref.B.C.R. for Italy and ASTM C 1028 for the USA). Usually the R10 is used in the utility rooms (toilets, bathrooms, kitchens, canteens …) or where there is a small presence of moisture or water, and the R9 for all other cases;
- class A, B, C (DIN 51097:1992 for Germany) used in areas adjacent to swimming pools, saunas and barefoot areas.
The main advantages of SAFESTONE laser treatment compared to other types of processing (acids) are:
- Supply of already non-slip material directly from the manufacturer without further steps.
- High quality and durable standards.
- Achievement of anti-slip levels R9-R10 B.G.R. 181, B.G.R. and ASTM C 1028 even on glossy surfaces, without significant loss of gloss.
- Particular effectiveness on wet surfaces.
- No risk of chemical corrosion.
- Applicable in combination with the StoneProtectimpregnating process.
- The graphic shows the laserization process.
- Only about 20% of the surface is lasered.
- 100% reproducible technological process.